Finally managed to sew in the buttons this afternoon so at last I can say myself finished with this one!
I won the yarn and the pattern in a competition on Facebook back in March, so it’s taken some time, but I’d say it was worth the wait!
It has stripes, and it has owls, and it is in purple so you couldn’t really go wrong with that could you?
I went on the hunt for buttons last week, and although I couldn’t find any with owls on them, I managed to stick to the woodland theme, and went for second best – stags!
As I mentioned last week, it was also my first time steeking a garment, which was a bit nerve wrecking, but totally worth the effort. I’m particularly pleased with how the crochet reinforcement is still visible on the inside, I’m glad I decided to use the contrast colour for this.
I’d used the same contrast colour to finish off the sleeves as well
If there’s anything I might have done differently is to have chosen a slightly darker contrast colour for the owls, as this one doesn’t come across too well, however it’s not a big deal. I might have also gone up half a needlesize for the patterned area as it sits a bit tight across the shoulders just now, but wool has a tendency to ease out a bit with wear, so it should hopefully fix itself.
Overall I’m rather chuffed with this one, and look forward to starting to wear it as it gets colder!
Now on to the next project – another cardigan!